Artist's guide to the Gun Artist's guide to the Gun

Very nice

T'was a very informative and helpful tutorial. It was also funnily written and you included a lot of things many people wouldn't think about such as gun jams, recoil and animation organization.
My only complaint is that you seemed to have cut the drawing part short somewhat by just saying "Practice". There are quite a few smaller things and tricks there are such as the various ways of shading, using textures for complicated patterns (such as the grip of many handguns), etc.
Overall though, this was a very nice tutorial, and the artwork was pretty good.

StealthBeast responds:

You're absolutely right. I totally did skimp out on the more complex parts. I did so for two reasons:

1: It's VERY hard to explain these things. For example, the checkering of a 1911 grip can be addressed with some clever linear gradient fills... But the color wheel varies WILDLY across each of the versions of flash, meaning I would have to explain the extremely complicated technique in 4 or 5 different ways. The purpose of my tutorial was to stay as stupid-simple as possible, which is why I ommitted coloring and texturing explanations completely.

2: Even I don't know how to do some of this lol. For example, I SUCK as emulating wood in vector-based software. If I don't feel like I'm an expert at it, I won't teach it.

But that's just me desperately trying to justify myself. You're absolutely right. I should have included that.

Still, glad I got your 10/10. =P

Random Hantai 5 Random Hantai 5

oooh

Shiny

sexy

Weapon Tutorial V2 BIG Weapon Tutorial V2 BIG

Your lack of knowledge disturbs me.

It saddens me seeing people not being able to tell an MP5 from a HK53 and an G3SG1 from an AWP, noir it was really informative. As I would be seriously able to see outlined work and made a flawless gun from it. (Which I am, but whatever). The "music" got annoying.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the most important point: YOU DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THOSE DAMN GUNS.

I don't feel enlightened.

My Madness Mod My Madness Mod

Mehs

When I saw the menu, I actually thought it's a pretty awesome mod. But when I played the game, mehs.
No sound.
Hands are fucked up.
Mehs, nothing scriptual is changed.

Windows Visa Ultimate Windows Visa Ultimate

Geez...

That was damn awesome, especially the Windows Media player made me laugh. Well, I guess I gonna stick with OS.

~ scrimpino

nIcO-gR responds:

Thanx! Download Halo, it's free, no fake!

A Madness Tutorial A Madness Tutorial

Not bad

Not bad, it helped me alot even though the walking was a bit... weird. But could you write a little note in the authors comments that I DREW THE GUN?! Thank you

~ scrimpin' o

Seig3 responds:

Oh Yea you did draw the the gun i'll credit you know,oh and Scrimpy I forgot to tell you,when i was makeing stick movies your tutorial was a big help!check out my old profile's movies,which is linksman11

madness6 scene creator madness6 scene creator

well done!

it's cool but it needs way more items. Liked the music even thou8gh its from mc6 trailer!

sincereley
~ scrimp-o

Doctor-Gordon responds:

thank you scrimp,i will maybe make a scene creator with your sources :D

BBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBB

Honestly...

I am not a big fan of anything what ends on 'ock. But never mind I also don't like Mr.Artist and Clocks aren't the worst ones. What I really hate are glocks. Kinda funny anyway

~ scrimpy (PS - it passed judgement and I am the first one who reviewed it... Happy Clock Day!)

Doctor-Gordon responds:

And again THANK YOU!and -:destination2:-?

SP Survival Engine v0.0 SP Survival Engine v0.0

Nice little thingy

I loved it but the different guns should have different ammo. Well, I am looking forward to this

~ scrimpy

WindoofPX WindoofPX

*lach*

Ziemlich witzig eigentlich, bei manchem merkt man wirklich dass du vom Deutschen ins Englische ├╝bersetzt hast (daher merkte ich auch, dass ich ausnahmsweise mal in deutsch schreiben kann) aber es ist doch ziemlich gut. Jedoch w├╝rde ich noch an klein wenig am Umfang von windows arbeiten also nochmehr von dem Ganzen Zeug. Wie auch immer, ich finds ziemlich toll und hoffe, bald mehr zu sehen.

mfg - scrimpy